Hello Lovelies!! Hope you’re all having a great Wednesday. I am loving the wide leg pant trend this season. When I saw these pants in white, I had to get them. You can pair them with black, or imagine how cute they would look with a colorful crop top! I’m obsessed. And for some reason they just scream the need for jewelry to me. Since I loaded up on the necklaces and rings in this post, and wanted to share a few tips on how I layer my jewelry.
The choker trend isn’t going anywhere anytime soon, but I don’t mind. I think they make the perfect foundation for layering. You can wear a slightly longer necklace (think about 16″ long), and then a long pendant like I did here. Side note, how amazing is this necklace?! Ok let’s get to my tips…
- Stick to the same metal. I prefer to keep my jewelry all one metal with the exception of my engagement ring and wedding band. I think it just looks more cohesive and effortless. I own mostly yellow gold, but if silver is your thing, go for silver.
- Leave at least a 1″ space. This rule is crucial to prevent the necklaces from getting tangled. If you can do more than 1″, even better. Think a choker, a long pendant, and two necklaces in between to fill up the space.
- Pick up an extender. I use my necklace extenders all the time to get the length just right. It makes layering so much easier.
- Layer dainty with dainty. The layered look will get lost if you pair a dainty necklace with a chunky one. You can certainly do it and I’ve done it before, but you won’t really get the “layered” look.
- Look for inspiration. A lot of times I get inspired just from seeing a picture on Pinterest. I can usually recreate it with things I own, and this goes for clothes and jewelry. If you’re new to layering, this can be an easy way to get the hang of it. Also, websites like Stella & Dot and Baublebar sell necklaces as a layered set like this one and this one. They do the work for you!
- Have fun with it. You’ll never know what jewelry you like paired together until you try it on. Playing in my jewelry box or closer are the times I find my favorite looks.
Do you guys have any other tips? I’d love to hear them!!
SHOP THIS POST
As always, thanks for stopping by.